Paddle Australia is delighted to deliver the online Foundation Coach: Slalom course. The course is designed to enable the beginner coach to gain their Foundation Coach qualification after successful completion of all requirements.
- Hold the PA Introduction to Coaching qualification.
- Supporting letter from a club committee or state performance hub coach that supports that the coach has coached a minimum of 8 training sessions as lead or assistant coach.
To register in the program please click here and under Slalom Foundation Coach, select your state, Once the course fees are paid, you will then be able to use the same login details as the Introduction to Coaching program.
After completing the Foundation Slalom Coaches course you will be able to:
- Implement effective foundation coaching strategies.
- Understand foundation principles of slalom technique, including posture, balance, transmission and boat control.
- Create a safe and effective learning environment for slalom athletes.
- Prepare, conduct and review an appropriate and effective foundation slalom training session.
- Lead an appropriate warm up for a group of foundation athletes.
- Understand how to introduce athletes to the skills involved in rolling.
- Introduce athletes to the safe entry and exit from the boat.
- Introduce, refine and establish effective long term habits for the basic strokes of slalom.
- Communicate well with slalom athletes, parents and other stakeholders.
- Understand the fundamentals of slalom equipment and how to adapt equipment to individual needs and situations.
- Recommend equipment appropriate for the athletes’ developmental stage and physical size.